Georgian Plantation Makes Excellent Use Of These Old Historical Designs - 3" thick Solid Natural Air Dried Timber (not kiln force dried) - Hand Hewn, Tenon Joined Solid Full Length Timber (no fake laminates, scarf joints or glued up parts) - All Finishes Are Internal Hand Rubbed (not sprayed on) - All Carvings Are Hand Carved (not CNC carved) - All Glass Designs Are Hand Etched Glass - Full Structural Jamb Weather Pkg.- Solid Hand Forged Wrought Iron - (No castings or hollow metals) - Hand Patina Finished - (No powder coating or faux paint finishes) - Tempered Thermal Glass - Virtually Maintenance Free - Guaranteed Forever - Backed By Our Over Nine Decades Of Fine Craftsmanship Since 1913
We Build Commercial And Residential Garage Doors & Gates - All Styles And Sizes
All Scottsdale Art Factory Doors Are Designed In America and Built In America Using Solid Natural Air Dried Timber And Hand Forged Iron By The Hands Of True American Master Craftsmen.
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
The Castle of Seneffe or Chateau de Seneffe is an 18th century chéteau located in the municipality of Seneffe in the province of Hainaut, Belgium. The chéteau is property of the French Community of Belgium and serves as the "Centre de l'orfevrerie de la communaute francaise" which displays a collection of antique (mainly 18th century) silverware.
In 1758 the 'Seigneurie de Seneffe' was bought by Joseph Depestre a Walloon merchant who earned a fortune by selling goods to the Imperial Austrian troops stationed in the Austrian Netherlands. Depestre's new status as a wealthy and influential individual was also confirmed by the acquisition of noble titles such as 'Seigneur de Seneffe' (Lord of Seneffe) and 'Count of Turnhout'. The new castle designed by Laurent-Benoit Dewez had to match with Depestre's new noble status. It was erected between 1763 and 1768 in a novel neoclassical style. When Joseph Depestre died in 1774 the decoration of the chateau and the embellishment of the park were continued by his widow and his eldest son Joseph II Depestre.
After the French revolution and the subsequent occupation of the Austrian Netherlands by the French republic the chateau was confiscated (1799). It was bought by a figurehead assigned by the Depestre family and came back into their possession after the ascent of Napoleon as Emperor of the French in 1804. The chateau was sold by Joseph II Depestre's son Honoré in 1837 and bought by the Daminet family. In 1888 it was acquired from them by Baron Goffinet. The last private proprietor was a Belgian banker of Jewish origin, Franz Philipson who bought the 'domaine' in 1909. In the advent of the Second World War the Philippson family fled to the United States. When German troops invaded Belgium in 1940 the chateau was confiscated by the Germans and used as a local headquarter and a summer residence for the German military Governor of Belgium, General Alexander von Falkenhausen.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Carved Wood Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Carved Wood Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your carved wood doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Carved Wood Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.