Let Us Design Your One Of A Kind Custom Made Door
Handcrafted from solid thick cedar cypress, using mortise, tenon joinery construction and handmade by master craftsmen with artistry for beautiful and unique superior entrances for your residential and commercial property. H.J Nick designed these double doors for luxury and security. Our custom doors are handcrafted using hand hewn peg and dowel structure to ensure these custom entrance doors last forever. All of our custom made doors are finished with a 10-step hand rubbed process and are virtually maintenance free. Twisted door pull hardware, see HH588, is available in a variety of styles, we can custom hand build to your specifications. Our master blacksmiths use the history old, tried and proven method of hand forged wrought iron, anvil hammered, and patina finished which guarantees your custom hardware to never corrode or erode.
Just Like Castles, Security With Our Custom Made Double Doors Are Priority
Always keeping security in mind, H.J Nick not only designs each custom piece to twice the hurricane code, but any glass incorporated in our custom doors are 1” thermal glass and UV rated. We only use the strongest and safest glass for our customers. Remember, you can have the glass made with any texture you would like.
Château de Chillon
History Of Origin For Chillon Castle Which Inspired Our Double Arched Custom Made Doors
Just like we hand make our fortress and Castle style doors, our inspiration stems from the old world, one inspiration of ours is from various Castles, such as the Chillon Castle that sits in Switzerland.
During the 16th century Wars of Religion, the Chillon Castle was used to house prisoners. Its most famous prisoner was probably Francois de Bonivard a Genevois monk, prior of St. Victor in geneva and politician who was imprisoned there in 1530 for defending his homeland from the dukes of Savoy. Being held for 6 years and chained to a steel bar, and is still there to view today, Bonivard was rescued in 1536 by his countrymen. After the Castle was taken by force it transformed into a state prison in 1733. Chillon Castle can still be toured today.
Request pricing on a custom entrance doors for your home, office, church or castle at 1-800-292-0008.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Handmade Entrance Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Exterior Custom Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your exterior custom doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Handmade Entrance Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.