Custom Gothic Style Door
Gothic Style Double Doors With Pointed Arch And Decorative Wrought Iron Hinge Straps
Gothic architecture was popular from the mid-12th century through the late 16th century in certain areas. The majority of the Gothic style was seen throughout present day England, France, Spain, and Italy, however it was spread throughout the European continent. Typically the style was used for churches, and those are the majority of the gothic buildings left standing today. There are some cathedrals that are shining examples of the style, demonstrating the ribbed vaults, flying buttresses, and wheel windows for which the gothic style is known. Perhaps the most important feature, and what so many of the other features are based on, is the pointed arch. Most of the cathedrals and churches of that period, even if they have squared doors, have pointed archways built into the entrance facades. The ribbed vaults and flying buttresses also follow the line of a pointed arch. Those lines gave the buildings a more delicate look because they allowed for the builders to decrease the wall widths. When that happened, builders began to add more decorative aspects to the buildings.
Gothic doors added decorative wrought iron hinge straps, some in simple designs as in these doors, and some much more elaborate. Scottsdale Art Factory can work with you to design and achieve the level of drama you wish to add to your entrance. Our master blacksmiths are accomplished at creating hand forged decorative iron from the simple to the complex. So bring a little bit of the Old World into the New World with these Gothic style doors.
Our exterior wood doors are custom crafted in the original craft and are not reproduction but original craft. For each client our classically trained master craftsman wood workers and master blacksmiths at Scottsdale Art Factory bring the historically correct tried and tested methods that were used in the correct era of each historic design. Thus recreating a design that will last for many generations just as they have in history. Maximum security and investment quality
Order your dream door Or gate custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of yrs.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest signature artistic doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsman, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style, size, and finish - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two time hurricane code. Allows for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Built the old fashioned way
"when everything made in America was built to last forever"
and craftsmen were proud to sign their work.
Entrance Doors Custom Made by Scottsdale Art Factory
Custom Entrance Door - This door features hand forged decorative hinge straps and door pull. All custom doors includes adjustable heavy duty crush proof threshold, self-closing adjustable tension hinges, automatic mechanical door sweep, single cylinder deadbolt, and roller style door latches.
Exterior and Interior Door Options:
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Learn more about our custom doors
Handcrafted Custom Doors Feature:
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom entrance door, custom gate, and handcrafted furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship. Call us to discuss your exterior door design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Call us to discuss your custom wooden doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.