Americana For Sale - Possibly 1970s or 1980s - This Is A Vintage Sign - It is As Shown. (Please Read History At Bottom Of This Page ) - Size . One Only.
All Of Our Products Are The Real McCoy - Guaranteed To Your Satisfaction Since 1913.
Western Union Signs - Interesting Historical Facts
- 1856 -- Changed our name from the New York and Mississippi Valley Printing Telegraph Company to Western Union. The new name marked consolidation of several lines in the western-most reaches of the U.S. telegraph system.
- 1861 -- Completed the first transcontinental telegraph line across North America.
- 1869 -- Introduced the first successful stock ticker.
- 1871 -- Introduced money transfer.
- 1884 -- Named one of the original 11 stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- 1896 -- Provided service to Europe, Northern Africa, North and South America, Australia and Asia.
- 1914 -- Introduced the first customer charge card.
- 1933 -- Delivered the first singing telegram.
- 1943 -- Pioneered the first commercial inner-city microwave communications system.
- 1974 -- Introduced the first commercial satellite in the U.S.
- 1980 -- Money transfer revenue exceeded telegram service revenue for the first time.
- 1993 -- Introduced the first disposable prepaid phone card.
- 2001 -- Celebrated 150th anniversary by expanding to more than 100,000 Agent Locations worldwide.
- 2006 -- Handled 147 million consumer-to-consumer money transfers and 249 million bill-paying transactions.