Bring the style of Tuscany and the glow of a Tuscan sunset into your home with our hand forged Tuscan Wrought Iron Wall Sconce.
Charming Design from Tuscany
Tuscany is known for beautiful rolling hills and a countryside rich with olive groves and vineyards. For centuries, Tuscany has captured the imaginations of Italian city dwellers and foreigners with its beautiful landscape and romantic sunsets. Tuscan villas and gardens even became a defining aspect in many Renaissance paintings, like Da Vinci’s “Annunciation.”
A common material found in Tuscany is wrought iron, often used to create elaborate gates and decor with curves and flourishes. In ancient times, it was used to create parts of Castello di Meleto, a well-known castle in Chianti (Siena), which was started in 1000CE. Originally run by the Benedictine monks, the Ricasoli family expanded on it in 1700. Castello di Meleto sets a wonderful romantic mood, as reflected in our Tuscan Wall Sconces, and visitors are encouraged to participate in wine and olive oil sampling in its historic wine cellar.
Castello di Meleto in Chianti, between Siena and Florence
Genuine Wrought Iron Sconces Made from the Old Craft
Our Tuscan Wall Sconce is designed to create a relaxing, intimate mood perfect for dinner parties or an evening at home. Our wrought iron is solid and authentic (never hollow), and hand forged to carry on the tradition of true blacksmithing.
Capture the Tuscany style, call us today at 1-800-292-0008.
To compliment your solid wood table, add our favorite Tuscan Aristocrat Custom Dining Table - LTA566
- Puosi, Serena. (2014, November 6) 10 fairy castles in Tuscany. Around Tuscany. Retrieved from http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/aroundtuscany/10-fairy-castles-in-tuscany/
- History of Tuscany and Tuscan Culture. (n.d.) Chianti Tuscany Travel . Retrieved from http://www.chiantitravelguide.com/history-of-tuscany-and-tuscan-culture/
Features of our wall sconces:
- Crafted using 12th century, old world blacksmithing
- Solid, hand forged iron with iron oxide hand applied patina finishes
- 100% American made
- Customized from scratch, never a reproduction and not mass-produced
- UL listed