Medieval Style Wrought Iron Hinge Strap
Strap hinges are beautiful and are found on many medieval castle and cathedral doors. Now they are simply ornamentation, but in medieval times the use of hinge straps was more to help support the weight of the doors to prevent sagging after a few years than for looks. Originally, a hinge strap was a simple long piece of wrought iron that formed a loop on the hinge side or the door or, in some cases, wrapped all the way around the hinge side and continued onto the opposing side of the door with a loop space left in the hinge side to hang the door forming the hinge and support. Most hinge straps were very basic, just a strap ending in a circle, diamond, or arrowhead shape, but, especially on cathedral doors, some were works of art on their own.
Though we at Scottsdale Art Factory can do simple strap hinges, our master blacksmiths like to use their artistic skills to create beautiful and more intricate hand forged accents for your doors. These hinge straps are a perfect example of their artistry. Though these are strictly decorative, they are extended to the edge of the door and have a modern functional hinge barrel to give the impression of the classic working strap hinge. Imagine customizing your door with these wrought iron works of art and call us at Scottsdale Art Factory to order your own.
Custom hand forged iron hinge straps handcrafted at Scottsdale Art Factory in any style and size. Request pricing on your custom door hardware by calling 1-800-292-0008.
We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Hardware - At No Extra Cost - Order Any Size Or Style
Built the old fashioned way
"when everything made in America was built to last forever"
and craftsmen were proud to sign their work.
Custom Door Hinge Straps
- Size - any size, shape, theme
- Style - metals, design, hand carvings, etchings, decorative accents
- Finishes - over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Learn more about our custom door hardware
Hand Forged Iron Door Hinges and Straps
- American hand made solid iron door hardware
- Hand applied with heat and iron oxide patina finish on all wrought iron products
- Solid hand forged metalwork hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Available in any metals types, stain and patina finishes
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style hardware custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Request original art or limited edition custom designed hardware
- All custom hardware for doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, an American manufacturer of custom door hinges, door straps, wood doors, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are Guaranteed Forever, back by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your custom door hardware and door pull design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Door Hardware - More Custom Product Information