An original Skelly gas station sign produced from 1924-1940. Double sided, porcelain sign with red, white, and blue black SKELLY diamond logo.
Condition - Original, as is, see photos - not restored, and not a reproduction sign.
Dimensions -59 3/4" X 59 3/4"
Rare old sign for Skelly gasoline and tagolene oils and greases manufactured by Skelly Oil Company of Tulsa, Oklahoma founded in 1919, rebranded as Texaco by 1985.
This SKELLY gas sign features a white double sided porcelain Skelly curb sign in a tombstone shape with red outline, features a large red, white, and blue Skelly diamond logo in the center of the sign. One side features the wording "Gasoline" in red over blue "Buy it Here" wording below Skelly diamond logo. The reverse side has the wording "Tagolene" over "Oils & Greases" in red over blue "Buy Them Here" wording below the Skelly diamond logo. This highly collectible Skelly sign has not been restored, and is sold in original, as-is condition from Scottsdale Art Factory.
All vintage memorabilia offered is a genuine collectable and appreciable assets, not a fake reproduction. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us to order vintage advertising signs, antique gas pumps, and classic Americana at 1-800-292-0008.
Vintage Advertising Sign Specifications:
- Type: Porcelain Sign (double sided)
- Company: Skelly Oil
- Product: Skelly Gasoline & Tagolene
- Era: 1924-1940
- Color: White, red, blue
- Dimensions: 39.5"T x 28"W
- Condition: Original, as-is, see photos for details
Not A Restorations and Vintage Collectables information:
Collectable Vintage Signs
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, restored to this level, please ask to be placed on our first-come, first-served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call us at 1-800-292-0008.
Skelly Oil Company - Gas Company History
Skelly Oil Company was founded in 1919 by the holdings company of William Grove Skelly in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In the early years the purchased service stations and marketed gasoline throughout the Midwest. After falling on hard times during the depression era, Skelly was bought out by Getty's Standard Oil of New Jersey. Skelly maintained their independence in operations throughout the 1970s, however by 1983 they started rebranding and with Texaco's purchase of Getty in 1984 by the following year most Skelly stations were branded as Texaco gas stations.