Old Signs - Phillips 66 Gasoline
An original Phillips 66 gas pump sign produced from the 1950s. Single sided, porcelain sign in badge shape with red, white, and black PHILLIPS 66 shield logo.
Condition - Original, as is, see photos - not restored, and not a reproduction
Dimensions - 11" wide x 12" tall
Rare Americana vintage sign for Phillips 66 gasoline manufactured by Phillips Petroleum of Bartlesville, Oklahoma founded in 1917 by the Phillips brothers Frank Phillips and LE Phillips.
This Phillips 66 gas sign features a white single sided porcelain Phillips 66 gas pump sign in a shield shape with black outline, with the wording "Phillips" in black along the top white band and the lower portion of the shield in red with the numbers "66" in white, as used in their company logo since 1959. This highly collectible Phillips sign has not been restored, and is sold in original, as-is condition from Scottsdale Art Factory.
All old signs and vintage memorabilia offered are genuine collectable and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us to order vintage advertising signs, antique gas pumps, and classic Americana at 1-800-292-0008.
Vintage Advertising Sign Specifications:
- Type: Porcelain Sign
- Company: Phillips Petroleum
- Product: Phillips 66 Gasoline
- Era: 1959
- Color: White, red, black
- Dimensions: 12"T x 11"W
- Condition: Original, as-is, see photos for details
Classic Restorations and Vintage Collectables information:
Collectable Vintage Signs
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. e suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, please ask to be placed on our first-come, first-served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call us at 1-800-292-0008.
Phillips Petroleum Company - Gas Company History
Phillips 66 Company, originally Phillips Petroleum, was founded in 1917 by brothers LE Phillips and Frank Phillips as an oil exploration and gasoline production company in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. They entered the refinery and retail gas distribution industry in November of 1927 with their first service station located in Wichita, Kansas. The "Phillips 66" brand of gasoline was named after the US Highway 66. The company aggressively acquired new gas stations, and by 1930 Phillips 66 gasoline was sold in twelve states at almost seven thousand retail outlets. By 1967 they had a gas station in all fifty states. Phillips 66 still operates today, and is found throughout the Midwest and southeastern United States. The Phillips 66 shield logo was inspired by the US Highway sign of their namesake. Originally used in 1930 and featuring the shield in an orange and black color scheme, the logo was changed to red, white and black in 1959.