Custom Door and Gate Mortise Lock
Shown here is a heavy duty mortise lock. Scottsdale Art Factory has this special heavy duty mortise lock produced by one of the world's top lock manufacturers, especially for our extra thick solid wood doors. This style of lock requires a large grooved pocket to allow for the tempered steel lock mechanism to fit inside the door edge. Also the face mount plates and bolt slide is larger than that of a simple dead bolt. This mortise lock is built with the ability to fit doors that are 2" - 8" thick without special adapters or breech in strength. This tungsten steel, heavy duty heavy bolt lock allows for additional strength and security. This mortise lock along with this 3" thick solid long grain timber door edge is the best fortress entrance door security available.
Order this Lock - both sides keyed - at No Additional Cost
All Door Hardware fully Installed and Finished
When you order custom doors and gates from Scottsdale Art Factory everything comes fully installed and finished when you order your designer gate or door pre-hung with hardware. All working door hardware is patina color matched to your decorative hardware.
Beware of fast process manufacturers - Most semi custom or fast process door manufacturers design with two primary things in mind: 1) Cutting their cost, and 2) How well each piece will fit in the shipping box so you or your builder can assemble your new door on site. In order to cut cost, they choose door thickness that are known in this industry as "production standard." These door thickness are mostly under 2 1/4" thick, and rarely solid structural timber. Most are veneers, with so called engineered cores. This practice is again predicated on cost, not your security or the door's longevity. This is usually done so a cheap production lock from your local super lumber depot can be used. This has proven to never the best for you and your family's home security.
Our High Quality Hardware
This door hardware should not be confused with ordinary hardware, normally found on most production or semi-custom doors. The hardware provided by Scottsdale Art Factory has been specifically chosen to accommodate our ultimate custom doors and gates. Learn more about our custom doors.
Contact us with any questions about hardware for your custom door or gate, call 1-800-292-0008.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Handmade Entrance Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Custom Entry Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your custom entry doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Handmade Entrance Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.