Vintage Porcelain Signs Mobilgas
An original Mobilgas porcelain sign used on old gas pumps from 1947-1962 as gasoline advertisements from the Magnolia Mobilgas territory gas stations. The genuine gas sign is a single sided white porcelain shield sign featuring a blue outline and the red flying horse logo and "Mobilgas" in blue along the bottom of this old gas pump sign.
Condition - Original, as is, see photos - not restored, and not a reproduction
Dimensions - 12.5" x 13"
Vintage Americana rare gas sign for Mobilgas manufactured by the Mobil / Socony-Vacuum Oil Company founded in 1911, merged with Exxon in 1999 to form the current ExxonMobil company.
This Mobil gas pump sign features a white porcelain five-pointed shield sign with a thin white outline around a thicker blue outline. On the white background is the red flying horse logo with white details and blue outline, over the wording "Mobilgas" in blue. This authentic vintage porcelain sign for Mobil Oil has not been restored, and is sold in original, as-is condition from Scottsdale Art Factory. Contact us to order vintage signs, antique gas pumps, and vintage Americana at 1-800-292-0008.
All gas station memorabilia offered are genuine collectables and appreciable assets, not a fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level.
Gas Station Sign Specifications:
- Type: Porcelain Sign
- Company: Socony-Vacuum Oil / Mobil Oil
- Product: Mobilgas
- Era: 1947-1962
- Color: White, red, blue
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 13"
- Condition: Original, as-is, see photos for details
Collectable Signs and Vintage Restorations information:
Vintage Gas Signs and Collectable Memorabilia
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, please ask to be placed on our first-come, first-served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call us at 1-800-292-0008.
Mobil Oil Socony - Oil and Gas Company History
Mobil (Socony, Magnolia Petroleum, Gargoyle) -
Standard Oil Company of New York, Socony, was founded in 1882 as the administrative divions of Standard Oil. In 1918 they purchased Magnolia Petroleum and General Petroleum in 1926, and restarted oil exploration after the breakup of Standard in 1911 left Socony without crude oil. When Socony partnered with Vacuum Oil in 1931, they used Vacuum's "Mobilgas" flying horse trademark. They replaced the Magnolia brand with Mobilgas in 1934, and by the end of WWII they expanded the Mobilgas brand name to all affiliated companies. They renamed the company in 1955 to Socony-Mobil, and Mobil Oil Company in 1966. In 1962 Mobilgas was replaced with Mobil as the brand.
Mobil Gas Station - Baltimore, Maryland - 1950s
Source: wikipedia.org, kilduffs.com
Images copyright protected by their respective owners. We do not claim ownership of all photos on this page, some may be provide as a courtesy to serve as inspirational ideas and historical reference. If you are the owner of these images and would like us to provide your reference or would like them removed from our website, please contact us.