Add a Touch of Regal Flare with Medieval Custom Lighting Design
We created a unique dual-lighting system for our Custom Outdoor Lighting, Medieval Wall Torch Sconce. The middle of the torch is lit by an LED bulb while the top is fueled by gas to produce a real flame - a one-of-a-kind system you won’t find anywhere else!
Torches have been around as long as humans have used fire and, throughout history, they have had many uses and served as symbols of love, hope, and even sportsmanship. Wall torches conjure images of castles and dungeons lit at night by an impressive flame. For the Greeks and Romans, they were used in wedding ceremonies: a bride would light a wedding torch during her wedding night and then transport the flame to the hearth in her new home. A famous torch is even part of America’s history - the one carried by the Statue of Liberty as a beacon of hope that “lights the world.”
To bring a regal, medieval look to our custom wall sconces, we created the top to be reminiscent of a crown with a repeating fleur-de-lis design. Crowns were traditionally worn by a monarch or deity to represent power, victory, and righteousness. We felt this was the perfect touch to capture the beauty and the traditional look of our custom outdoor lighting.
A crown featuring a fluer-de-lis design
Hand Forged Wrought Iron Gas and LED Custom Lighting
Enhance Any Theme
Our master blacksmiths craft all of our wall sconces using old world techniques and a real anvil and hammer. All patinas are applied by heat to guarantee they will never tarnish.
You can add our custom outdoor lighting to any driveway, entrance, or backyard to enjoy the splendor of historical design and hand forged iron. If you want custom lighting for indoor use, we can customize your torch so it uses electricity or serves as a candle holder.
Let’s get started on the custom outdoor lighting of your dreams! Give us a call today: 1-800-292-0008
- Torch. (n.d.) Wikipedia. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torch
- History of Torches. (n.d.) History of Lighting. Retrieved from http://www.historyoflighting.net/lighting-history/history-of-torches/
Features of Our Custom Gas Lighting Sconces:
- Inspired by history
- Hand crafted by age old blacksmithing techniques
- Solid hand forged wrought iron - no castings or hollow metals
- Heat applied iron oxide patina - no powder coating or paint on iron finishes
- American made and Guaranteed Forever
All of our custom lighting designs are built the old fashioned way when "everything made in America was built to last forever" and craftsmen were proud to sign their work. We are always available to help you Design Your Dream Lighting at no extra cost.
Custom Lighting Designs by HJ Nick
Scottsdale Art Factory, an American manufacturer of handcrafted custom chandeliers, lighting, doors, gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona, has designed and built some of the world's finest furnishings in America since 1913. Designs by H.J. Nick, create timeless pieces for all types of homes and businesses. Our clients are looking for that big factor and we pride ourselves on always exceeding expectations.
- We hand make all of our metal products in the same hand and materials tried and tested for hundreds of years. Our custom build furnishings stand the test of time.
- Solid iron, brass, copper, and genuine precious metals (gold, silver) are available in all styles.
- All raw materials are the best in the world. We never import low quality materials.
- We build investment quality products, destined for antiquity.
- Our prices are usually lower than lesser quality name brand mass production imports.
More product information: Lighting and Hardware