Shown here is a mechanical door sweep on a 4 inch thick door edge, in the up "Door Open" position. This photo shows the pressure adjustable bar screw end. Turning this screw, right or left, will allow you to set the amount of seal pressure that gets applied to your threshold when your door is in the closed position. Simply turn screw right to extend or lengthen the rod end to allow this rod to hit the striker plate installed on the inside jamb. This pressure allows for a perfect seal to your threshold every time ensuring no unwanted pest or elements enter from under your door seal.
Scottsdale Art Factory has this special heavy duty adjustable pressure mechanical door sweep produced by one of the world's top manufacturers, specifically for our solid wood doors. These sweeps are built with the ability to fit doors that are 3" - 12" thick. This mechanical door sweep replaces the old fashioned and obsolete rubber drag sweep. An added benefit is it leaves your rug in place when opening and closing your new custom door.
Mechanical Door Sweep
Shown above, the mechanical door sweep in the down "Door Closed" position. When the door is closed, using pressure this mechanism pushes the rubber seal down to meet your fixed threshold to form a tight seal. Unlike the old rubber drag sweep that squeezes under your door, bends and warps over time, and no longer provides a complete seal, the mechanical door sweep used on our custom doors ensures a perfect seal every time. The illustration below shows the mechanical door sweep and threshold formed seal.
Custom Door Hardware
This door hardware should not be confused with ordinary hardware found on most production or semi-custom doors. The hardware provided by Scottsdale Art Factory has been specifically chosen to accommodate our ultimate custom doors and gates. Learn more about our custom doors. Contact us with any questions about hardware for your custom door or gate, call 1-800-292-0008.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Custom Made Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Handmade Entrance Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your handmade entrance doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Made Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.