Lighted Texaco Sign - Old Gas Stuff - TS2901

Call for Price 1-800-292-0008

Get a Quote

See Movie Tour Our Factory & World-Class Showroom

Genuine Americana For Sale - Early 1950s - This Is A Vintage - Texaco Lighted 1 Sided Sign - As Shown. Re worked electrical system. (Please Read History At Bottom Of This Page ) - Size 34" . One Only. - It is In Condition As Shown.

Genuine Vintage Collectable Americana (not restored )

We Guarantee These Artifacts To Be Correct As Described ( this is not like e bay ) - We Do Not Restore Or Manufacture Classic or Antique Artifacts, IE Signs, Cans, Logo Art , etc., ( the condition is as shown as found ) We Certify Correctness And Grade. Backed by our 100 year reputation.
Note: Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, please ask to be placed on our first come, first served list. (Refundable deposit required.)

We Buy Sell And Trade In This Area For High Quality Genuine Americana - Mostly Used To Decorate Our Custom Man Caves Etc. Top Dollar Cash Paid - We Pick Up Or Ship World Wide. Call 1 800 292 0008

Texaco ("The Texas Company") is the name of an American oil retail brand. Its flagship product is its fuel, "Texaco with Techron". It also owns the Havoline motor oil brand. Texaco was an independent company until it merged into Chevron Corporation in 2001.

It began as the Texas Fuel Company, founded in 1901 in Beaumont, Texas, by Joseph S. Cullinan, Thomas J. Donoghue, Walter Benona Sharp, and Arnold Schlaet upon discovery of oil at Spindletop. For many years, Texaco was the only company selling gasoline under the same brand name in all 50 states as well as Canada, making it the most truly national brand among its competitors. Its current logo features a white star in a red circle (a reference to the lone star of Texas), leading to the long-running advertising jingles "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star" and "Star of the American Road."[citation needed] The company was headquartered in Harrison, New York, near White Plains, prior to the merger.

Texaco gasoline comes with Techron, an additive developed by Chevron, as of 2005, replacing the previous CleanSystem3. The Texaco brand is strong in the U.S., Latin America and West Africa. It has a presence in Europe as well; for example, it is a well-known retail brand in the UK, with around 1,100 Texaco-branded service stations.

Founding through 1930s

1901 - Founded in Beaumont, Texas. Known as the Texas Fuel Company.

1905 Texaco establishes an operation in Antwerp, Belgium, under the name Continental Petroleum Company.

1911 Texaco purchased from owner of the Red Star Oil Company, one Mr. Dawkins.

1913 Texaco acquires control of the Central Petroleum Company.

1914 - Occupied new offices in Houston on the corner of San Jacinto and Rusk.

1928 Texaco becomes the first U.S. oil company to sell its gasoline nationwide under one single brand name in all 48 states (50 states after Alaska and Hawaii joined the Union in 1959).

1931 The Texas Company (Texaco's corporate name) purchases Indian Oil Company, based in Illinois, a move that expands Texaco's refining and marketing base in the Midwest and also gives Texaco the rights to Indian's manufacturing processes of Havoline "Wax Free" motor oil, which becomes a Texaco product and provides the company with a higher-quality motor oil product.

1932 Texaco introduces Fire Chief gasoline nationwide, a motor fuel that meets the octane requirements for fire engines, and promotes it through a radio program over NBC hosted by Ed Wynn, the "Texaco Fire Chief."

1936 Texaco begins supplying the Nationalist rebels in Spain with oil, and continues to do so for the duration of the war, delivering some 3,500,000 barrels (556,000 m3).

1936 Marketing operations East of Suez (including Asia, East Africa, and Australasia) are placed into a joint venture with Standard Oil Company of California - Socal (Chevron) under the brand name Caltex, in exchange for Socal placing its Bahrain refinery and Arabian oilfields into the venture.

1937 Texaco commissions industrial designer Walter Dorwin Teague to develop a modern service station design. The resulting "Teague" Texaco station design is a functional white building with green trimmings featuring one or more service bays for "Washing", "Marfak Lubrication", etc., an office area with large plate glass window for display of tires, batteries, and accessories, along with "Men" and "Ladies" restrooms featuring Texaco-green tile walls and floors.

The Teague station design is typically built of white porcelain tile but local and regional variations could include painted brick, concrete brick, and stucco materials. Other features include red Texaco stars on the upper facade on outer side-walls and above the service bays, and red lettering spelling out "TEXACO" above the office area. Stations are identified by the street from Texaco's "banjo" sign.

1938 Texaco introduces Sky Chief gasoline, a premium grade fuel developed from the ground up as a high-octane gasoline rather than just an ethylized regular product. Sky Chief is dispensed from a silver gas pump in contrast with the red pump used for Fire Chief gasoline - a move that lasts many years until the early 1960s.

1939 Texaco becomes one of the first oil companies to introduce a "Registered Rest Room" program to ensure that restroom facilities at all Texaco stations nationwide maintained a standard level of cleanliness to the motoring public. The "Registered Rest Room" program is later copied by other oil companies and continued at Texaco until the energy crises of the 1970s.

Custom Hand Crafted Doors and Furniture information request