Vintage Signs Petroliana
An original Hood Tires sign from the Hood Rubber Company circa 1920s-1940s. This authentic advertisement signage is a colorful one-sided raised metal - tin sign. This white sign includes red and white accent colors. This petroliana sign features a double arrow along the top with white text "Hood" in the red top section, and "Tires" in the blue lower section. The middle features a red block with "HOOD" in white, and "TIRES" in red on the white bottom banding. The 5-foot tall rectangluar sign includes a blue outline along the top and bottom. The sign manufacturer stamp that reads "9-7827-HT Stout Sign Co., St. Louis, Mo." is printed in red along the bottom right of this antique sign.
Condition - as is, see photos - not restored, and not a reproduction
Dimensions - 60" T x 17 1/2" W
Rare advertisement sign for Hood Tires by the Hood Rubber Company of Watertown, Massachusetts opened in 1896 and bought out by BF Goodrich in 1929.
This genuine vintage sign for Hood Tires is NOT restored and NOT a reproduction, this raised metal petroliana sign is in original condition.
All old petroliana signs and antique memorabilia offered are genuine collectable and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us to order vintage signs, classic antiques, old gas pumps, and classic collectables at 1-800-292-0008.
Antique Sign Specifications:
- Type: Metal - Tin
- Company: Hood Rubber Company
- Product: Hood Tires
- Era: 1920s-1940s
- Color: White, red, blue
- Dimensions: 60" Tall x 17 1/2" Wide
- Manufacturer: Stout Sign Co., St. Louis, Mo. (Made in the USA)
- Condition: Original, as-is, see photos for details
Collectables, Classic Restorations and Vintage Memorabilia information:
Vintage Automobilia Collectables
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, please ask to be placed on our first-come, first-served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call us at 1-800-292-0008.
Hood Rubber Company - Company History
The Hood Rubber Company was founded by brothers Frederic and Arthur Hood in 1896 located Watertown, Massachusetts. They opened their 70,000 square foot plant in November 1896 with their predominately produced product being footwear - mainly sneakers. During World War I they produced small quantities of rubber boots used by the British, French, and American armed forces. Rubber tubes and pneumatic tires were produced in large quantities by the Hood Rubber Company, adding automotive battery jars in 1919. The company grew at a steady pace and expanding their factory to encompass over 45-acres of floor space. Hood Rubber Company was purchased by B.F. Goodrich Company in August 1929, however the name continued to be used until the late 1950s. The Watertown plant closed in 1969.