Hand Carved Wood Doors
H J Nick Original - Master Hand Carved Door - Fine Art Entrance Door - 3"- 4" thick - Solid Natural Air Dried Cedar Cypress ( Not Kiln Force Dried ) - Original Craft, Not Reproduction - Made In The Same Hand And Materials As The Original - Designed From The Historical Record - Hand Hewn, Mortise And Tenon Joined means no glue or screws) - What Is Mortise And Tenon Joinery - All Species Of Wood Are Available - Structural Timber Using Solid Full Length Timber (no little blocks, no fake laminates, no scarf joints or glued up parts, no veneers) - Master Craftsmanship That Ensures Your Furnishing Will Stand The Test Of Time - A True Family Heirloom And Valuable Antiquity - All Carving Is Hand Carved By Our Master Carvers (no cnc or faux casted resin carving) - Fine Art 10 Process Hand Rubbed Finished To World Class Antique Collectors Standards (no spray on faux fast paint jobs ) - Engineered To Twice Hurricane Code Worldwide - Virtually Maintenance Free. Guaranteed Forever - Backed By Over A Century Of Fine Craftsmanship Since 1913.
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
Chambéry's castle or castle of the Dukes of Savoie is a former castle of the 11th century, which stands in the town of Chambéry in the department of Savoie in the region Rhône-Alpes. Amended several times since the thirteenth century, it has retained ever since an administrative vocation. The chapel housed from 1502 to 1578, the Shroud . In his tower, is currently a large carillon installed called "St. Francis de Sales" composed of 70 bells, the work of the foundry Paccard to Sevrier. The ancient castle of the Dukes of Savoie is located in the French department of Savoie in the town of Chambery . Originally, the castle was built on a terrace (butte, or Poype) facing the city at the end of the hill Montjay. Gently towards the southeast slope, then it is raised to give the castle a more dominant position in the city. At its foot there was also a branch of the river Albanne.
The site occupies the castle was an important crossroads and a strategic point that could control, and that since antiquity, the ancient Roman road from Vienna to Italy via the Col du Petit-Saint-Bernard and the Col Mont Cenis , and later: roads Lyon and Vienna by The Scales ; roads Lyon by the Col de l'Epine and that the Col du Chat ; roads Geneva by Rumilly and by the Annecy ; roads Grenoble by the Isère valley and that of the Col du Granier. The castle was built in the 11h century by the lords of Chambéry , on the site of the old city Roman "Lemencum."
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Custom Built Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Custom Solid Wood Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your custom solid wood doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Built Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.