Vintage Texaco Gilbert & Barker T-176 Gas Pump
This is a genuine Gilbert & Barker Visible Gas Pump circa 1918 model T-176 ten gallon hand pump model vintage visible gas pump completely restored to museum quality. All parts on this antique gas pump are original, historically correct, and in full working order. All brass parts on this restored Texaco gas pump are solid polished original brass. This old gas station pump features the rare - collector preferred "Milk Glass" gas globe - an original milk glass globe from the 1920s era for Texaco. The petroliana signs on this antique Gilbarco visible pump restoration are porcelain enamel ad signs from the same era (no fake foreign made parts or reproduction signs used). All internal parts have been polished and rebuilt. Contact Scottsdale Art Factory to order your vintage gas pump restored to this level of expert master craftsmanship - available in any gas pump style and gas station branding - call 1-800-292-0008.
Order Your Gas Pump Restored To Historically Correct Museum Quality
All antique gas pumps, vintage memorabilia, automobilia, and petroliana available from Scottsdale Art Factory are real collectable appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All new items are hand crafted in the same hand and materials as it was done in its era "When Things Were Made in America to Last Forever". If we say "Restored" we mean complete restoration to its original production offering in its era. If we say "Restormod" we mean exact copy with some improved modifications or customizations. All items are collectable fine art at the highest world class collector level.
Restored Vintage Gas Pumps Available in Any Color & Gas Station Brands
Restored Antique Gas Pump - Specifications:
- Gas Company: Texaco (globe c.1920s)
- Make/Model: Gilbert & Barker T-176 10-Gallon Visible Pump
- Era: 1918-1920s
- Color: Red, white, black, and green
- Height: 101 3/4" (without globe)
- Base Diameter: 20"
- Condition: Antique/Restored museum quality and historical correct
- Notable Features:
Original milk glass globe light with two Texaco milk glass advertising inserts. G&B double action piston hand pump model with glass 10 gallon tank.
Gilbert & Barker T-176 Visible Gas Pump
This is an original Gilbert & Barker T-176 Visible Gas Pump, circa 1918-1920s. This antique gas pump is the improved sight measure nozzle control visible pump T-176 model that features the progressive method of delivery, semaphore signal ("To Car" or "To Storage"), G&B double action piston pumping unit with padlock, and accurate measure with two sets of quality markers inside the 10 gallon glass cylinder.
Vintage Gas Pump Restorations by Scottsdale Art Factory - Museum Quality
- All brass parts are solid polished original brass
- Rare collectors preferred original "Milk Glass" globe
- All sign-age is correct porcelain original era material (no fake foreign made parts or signs used)
- All internals have been polished and rebuilt
- Pump is in working order
- Backed by a century of fine craftsmanship since 1913
We are the oldest and largest restorer of fine art, museum quality, historically correct antiques and supplier of genuine investment quality un-restored classic Americana (namely signs). Museum Quality Historically Correct means a world class restoration that preserves all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patina, ect. with non structural damage. All age wear and tear is proudly displayed, when possible, on signage and gas pump globes. Contact the Art Factory for information on restoring your antique gas pumps at 1-800-292-0008.
American Restoration of Antique Petroliana
From Original Sales Literature
Gilbert and Barker Manufacturing Company
Pumps and Tanks for the Oil Trade
Gilbarco Type T-176 Ten Gallon Hand Operated Eye Measure, Wet Hose Visible Pump
Pumping Unit -- G&B double-acting, piston type cylinder pumping unit, pumps gasoline on both forward and back stroke of handle. Delivers ten gallons to bowl with only twelve and one half strokes. Pump is strongly built, with hardened steel driving links and pins, reducing wear to a minimum. Self-adjusting spring tension stuffing box lessens need for frequent attention. Pump handle is of pressed steel; will not break. Shell door and pump handle equipped with padlocks.
Gasoline Bowl -- Special glass with prevents discoloration of clear or fading of colored gasoline.
Markers -- Aluminum quality markers of special design with large numeral discs, easily read, placed inside the bowl enable operator to obtain highest degrees of accuracy on every quantity measured.
Semaphore Signal -- A special G&B feature. Semaphore signal is displayed prominently at side of pump, and indicates direction of flow of gasoline - "To Car" or "To Storage." Semaphore indicator is interlocked with drain valve operating lever, so that when drain valve is opened, signal points "To Storage," and when valve is closed, arrow points "To Car."
Lighting -- Bulb socket in dome cover just over bowl, lights up globe, and shines down through glass skylight into the bowl, brilliantly illuminating the gasoline.
Shell -- The pressed steel shell, ribbed for stiffness, provides ample space for displaying trade-marks and the proportions of the pump, its symmetry and dignified design combine to produce an attractive appearance.
Hose and Nozzle -- 10' length of 1" flexible, metallic, fabric covered hose and positive, quick closing nozzle are provided. At night nozzle is inserted inside the pump, and the door is closed and fastened.
Height Overall (less globe) 101 3/4"
Base 20" in diameter. 6 bolt holes in base casting.
Shipping Weight Approximately 380 pounds.
Texaco Gas Station Pumps - Historical Facts
Texaco ("The Texas Company") is the name of an American oil retail brand. It began as the Texas Fuel Company, founded in 1901 in Beaumont, Texas, by Joseph S. Cullinan, Thomas J. Donoghue, Walter Benona Sharp, and Arnold Schlaet upon the discovery of oil at Spindletop. In 1928, Texaco became the first U.S. oil company to sell its gasoline nationwide under one single brand name in all 48 states (50 states after Alaska and Hawaii joined the Union in 1959).
In 1931, Texaco purchased Indian Oil Company, based in Illinois. This expanded Texaco's refining and marketing base in the Midwest and also gave Texaco the rights to Indian's Havoline motor oil, which became a Texaco product. The next year, Texaco introduced Fire Chief gasoline nationwide, a motor fuel that meets the octane requirements for fire engines. It was promoted through a radio program over NBC hosted by Ed Wynn, called the Texaco Fire Chief.
In 1937 Texaco commissioned industrial designer Walter Dorwin Teague to develop a modern service station design. In 1938, Texaco introduced Sky Chief gasoline, a premium grade fuel developed from the ground up as a high-octane gasoline rather than just an ethylized regular product. In 1939, Texaco became one of the first oil companies to introduce a "Registered Rest Room" program to ensure that restroom facilities at all Texaco stations nationwide maintained a standard level of cleanliness to the motoring public.
In February of 2002 Chevron Corporation merged with Texaco and Shell. Shell began converting its Texaco stations to the Shell brand the next year. In July 2004, Chevron regained non-exclusive rights to the Texaco brand name in the U.S.