Vintage Signs - Flying A Gasoline
An original Flying A gas pump sign produced from the 1950s. Single sided, porcelain sign in circular shape with red FLYING A with black outline wing details on white background.
Condition - Original, as is, see photos - not restored, and not a reproduction
Dimensions - 10" diameter
Rare old sign for Flying A gasoline manufactured by Associated Oil Company of San Francisco, California founded in 1901.
This Flying A Gasoline pump sign features a white single sided porcelain Flying A gas pump sign in a round shape with red outline, features Flying A with wings logo in red with black outline and wing details. The wording "Flying" in red across the top and the wording "Gasoline" in red arched along the bottom, as used on their 1956-1960 gas pump sign logos. Four mounting grommets. Their is a factory misprint on the back, see photos for details. This highly collectible Flying A sign has not been restored, and is sold in original, as-is condition from Scottsdale Art Factory.
All vintage signs and antique memorabilia offered are genuine collectable and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us to order vintage advertising signs, antique gas pumps, and classic Americana at 1-800-292-0008.
Old Advertising Sign Specifications:
- Type: Porcelain Sign
- Company: Associated Oil Company
- Product: Flying A Gasoline
- Era: 1956-1960
- Color: White, red, black
- Dimensions: 10" Diameter
- Condition: Original, as-is, see photos for details
Classic Restorations and Vintage Collectables information:
Collectable Vintage Signs
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, please ask to be placed on our first-come, first-served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call us at 1-800-292-0008.
Associated Oil Company - Gas Company History
Associated Oil Company was founded in 1901 based in San Francisco, California. They started marketing gasoline in 1915. Flying A was introduced as the name of their premium grade gas in 1932. Flying A became the primary brand name for the company when Associated merged with Tidewater in 1938. Tydol and Associated brand were dropped in 1956 and the brand was simply Flying A. All Flying A gas stations were sold in 1966 to Phillips Petroleum and re-branded as Phillips 66 stations.