Custom Made Doors - Art Nouveau Full Arch Double Doors
Full Arch Art Nouveau Door Inspired by Famous French Architect Jules Lavirotte
Jules Lavirotte was an architect in the early 20th century who was known for his flamboyant Art Nouveau building style. He received his degree in architecture from the Ecole nationale superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, the most prestigious art school in France, and has several famous buildings in the 7th arrondissement of Paris that demonstrate some of the best of his work. H J Nick has adapted one of Lavirotte's famous doors from his building at 3 Square Rapp and created this full arch double door. Lavirotte was known for his whimsical and ornate ironwork and H J Nick has kept that feeling and flow with the swirling ironwork in the glass panels.
It is difficult to create a beautiful door from a historical original while keeping the intent of the original artist, yet H J Nick has achieved that with this door. The door panels are hand carved by our master carvers and our master blacksmiths used great finesse with the hand-forged ironwork. The door itself is not only beautiful, but it is also secure, made from 4" thick solid wood with thick thermal glass windows that are protected by the wrought iron grills. One more thing Jules Lavirotte was known for was for placing his signature prominently on each building he was responsible for. H J Nick does the same, though he hides his signature from obvious view to let the beauty of the artwork shine through. So you can feel secure when you order from Scottsdale Art Factory that you are getting a signed piece of functional artwork that will last forever.
Working in conjunction with the customer's contractor and the customer's iron design directions, we have created this Art Nouveau custom door. As shown, this 19th-century inspired custom door design, created by H J Nick and the master craftsmen at Scottsdale Art Factory, was built in original craft, not a reproduction using 4-inch thick, solid wood. This custom made wood door features a thick thermal insulated tempered glass window. The hand carved door panels continue the custom window grill artwork designs for one continuous flow of artfully crafted designed entrance door. The hand forged and hammered iron is used for the scroll work on the secure window grill, and custom door handles. The hardware is hand patina finished with bronze color to match the 10-process hand rubbed wood stain. View the photo gallery to admire the master woodworker's hand carved work. This custom made wood door is available in any style, finish, and size - we can match any historic door design.
We build double doors any style and size to fit your residential or commercial project. Call to discuss ideas and plans for your custom door project 1-800-292-0008.
Built the old fashioned way
"when everything made in America was built to last forever"
and craftsmen were proud to sign their work.
Hand Crafted Wood Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Finishes - over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand crafted door handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Learn more about our designer door options
Designer Wood Doors by Scottsdale Art Factory
Designs by H. J. Nick and Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom door, gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings is intended.
Custom Built Wood Doors
- American made by hand solid wood doors
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried)
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted by hand hewn mortise and tenon joints
- Pre-hung structural 3"-4" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Stationary slide bolts (if needed) standard or custom designed
- Built to twice hurricane code worldwide
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, grills, and glass door fronts
- All custom interior and exterior doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
We work with builders, dealers, interior designers, and home owners to create custom doors for your residential or commercial property. Our hand crafted custom door designs are available in any size, style, and finish by our American craftsmen, hand made using old world techniques to create a luxury fine art furnishing for your project. All hand crafted, solid wood entrance doors, interior doors, garage doors, and exterior doors are built using full length, solid timber (3 inches or more thickness). Further customize your solid wood door with hand carved designs, custom hardware, or glass windows, the choices are endless when you order your custom wood door from Scottsdale Art Factory. Call us to discuss your wood door designs and project at 1-800-292-0008.