Designed From The Historical Record - Handmade In The Same Hand And Materials - Entrance Doors - 3" thick Solid Exotic Timber - Natural Air Dried Timber (not kiln force dried) - Full Structural Jamb - Solid Hand Forged Wrought Iron - (No castings or hollow metals) - Hand Patina Finished - (No powder coating or faux paint finishes) - Tempered Thermal Glass - Hand hewn, Tenon Joined Solid Full Length Timber (No fake laminates, scarf joints or glued up parts) - All Carvings Are Hand Carved (not CNC carved) - Virtually Maintenance Free - Guaranteed Forever - Backed By Our Over Nine Decades Of Fine Craftsmanship Since 1913
We Build Doors Any Size - Exterior or Interior
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
The Castello del Buonconsiglio is a castle in Trento, northern Italy. The Castle originated from a fortified building erected in the 13th century next to the city's walls. This first edifice was called Castelvecchio ("Old Castle"), and was the seat of the Bishopric of Trent from the 13th century onwards. Bishop George of Liechtenstein was the first to enlarge the castle, in the late 14th century, turning it into a well-styled residence.
The Castelvecchio was further modified by Johannes Hinderbach, who had the double loggiato and the Gothic entrance gate built. In the first decades of the 16th century Bishop Bernardo Clesio had a new residence, called Palazzo Magno ("Grand Palace") built in Renaissance style alongside the old castle. The Castle of Buonconsiglio remained the seat of the Prince-Bishops until 1803.
The interior halls have precious frescoes, including those in the Torre Aquila ("Eagle Tower"), which are one of the most noteworthy examples of International Gothic art in Europe: they represent the "Cycle of the Months" (15th century) and were made by an unknown artist from Bohemia. The cycle is interesting also for its accurate portrayal of the landscape, the economic activities, the habits and the fashion of Medieval Trentino. The walls of Torre del Falco (late 16th century) have frescoes with hunting scenes, also a rare example of German landscape painting in northern Italy.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Handmade Entrance Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Exterior and Interior Hand Carved Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your exterior and interior hand carved doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Handmade Entrance Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.