Straight Structural Jamb Allows Arched Design - Fine Art Entrance Door - 3"- 4" thick - Solid Natural Air Dried Cedar Cypress - Original Craft, Not Reproduction
- Made In The Same Hand And Materials As The Original - Designed From The Historical Record - Hand Hewn, Mortise And Tenon Joined ( means no glue or screws ) - What Is Mortise And Tenon Joinery
- Built The Old Fashioned Way "When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever" And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
- All Species Of Woods Are Available - Structural Frames Using Solid Full Length Timber (no fake laminates, scarf joints or glued up parts,no veneers - no glue ups - no bolt on legs) - Master Craftsmanship That Insures Your Furnishing Will Stand The Test Of Time - A True Family Heirloom And Valuable Antiquity - All Carving Is Hand Carved By Our Master Carvers (no cnc or faux casted resin carving) - Fine Art 10 Process Hand Rubbed Finished To World Class Antique Collectors Standards - ( no spray on faux fast paint jobs ) - Engineered To Twice Hurricane Code World Wide - Virtually Maintenance Free.
All Decorative Hardware - Master Blacksmiths Solid Hand Forged Wrought Iron - (no castings or hollow faux metals) - All Heat Applied Iron Oxide Hand Patina Finished - (no powder coating or faux paint on iron finishes) - All Working Hardware Is American Made And Guaranteed Forever - Hinges Are Matched To PSI Of Door - Under Door Seals Are Mechanical Insuring A Perfect Seal - Exceeds All Requirements For Energy Tax Credits Rebates - Order Any Size Or Style - Backed By Our Over Nine Decades Of Fine Craftsmanship Since 1913
Designs By H. J. Nick
and Scottsdale Art Factory a handmade in America custom Doors & Gates manufacturer based in Scottsdale Arizona has been designing and building some of the worlds finest furniture for some of the world's finest interior designers with ordinary clients as well as most prominent and successful Persons,C.E.O.s,leaders,royalty and celebrities for the last 97 years. Most of our clients want a Door Or Gate that has a BIG WOW factor and elegance. All want investment value and entrances that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality or the personality of the environment for which it is intended.
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
Saltwood Castle is a castle in Saltwood village which derives its name from the Castle Kent, England. It is famous as the site where the plot was hatched to assassinate Thomas Becket (1170) and more recently as the home of the art historian Sir Kenneth Clark, created Lord Clark of Saltwood, and then his son Alan Clark, the Conservative politician (a minister in Margaret Thatcher's government), and the foremost political diarist of his generation.
It was probably erected on a Roman site, though Bronze Age implements and copper ingots discovered in Hayne's Wood, 1874, show the site had long been inhabited. It first appears on a charter in 833. The castle was conveyed to the Church by a deed dated 1026 and it was replaced by a twelfth century Norman structure, with work extending over the next two centuries. A fourteenth-century chip-carved chest with arcading and rosettes along the front, with a later panelled top, formerly in the parish church, was reputed to have come originally from Saltwood Castle. During the reign of Canute, the manor of Saltwood was granted to the priory of Christ Church in Canterbury, but during the twelfth century it became home for a period to Henry d' Essex, constable of England.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Custom Made Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Carved Wood Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your carved wood doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Made Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.