Custom Designs By H. J. Nick
and Art Factory. Com LLC a handmade in America custom Door Gate And Furniture Handmade Manufacturer based in Scottsdale Arizona has been designing and building some of the worlds finest furniture for some of the world's finest interior designers with ordinary clients as well as most prominent and successful Persons,C.E.O.'s,leaders,royalty and celebrities for the last 99 years. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a BIG WOW factor and elegance. All want investment value and furnishings that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality or the personality of the environment for which it is intended.
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
The Gamble House, also known as David B. Gamble House, (constructed 1908 - 1909) is a National Historic Landmark and museum in Pasadena, California, USA. It was designed by the architectural firm Greene and Greene, brothers Charles Sumner Greene and Henry Mather Greene, as a home for David B. Gamble of the Procter & Gamble company. Originally intended as a winter residence for David and Mary Gamble, the three-story Gamble House is a residential ark commonly described as America's Arts and Crafts masterpiece, whose style shows influence from traditional Japanese aesthetics and a certain California spaciousness born of available land and a permissive climate. Arts-and-Crafts architecture was focused on the use of natural materials, attention to detail, aesthetics, and craftsmanship.
History David and Mary Gamble lived in the house during the winter months until their deaths in 1923 and 1929, respectively. Julia (Mary's younger sister) lived in the house until her death in 1943. Cecil Huggins Gamble and his wife Louise Gibbs Gamble lived in the house beginning in 1946 and briefly considered selling it. They soon changed their minds, however, when prospective buyers spoke of painting the interior teak and mahogany woodwork white. The Gambles realized the artistic importance of the house and it remained in the Gamble family until 1966, when it was deeded to the city of Pasadena in a joint agreement with the University of Southern California School of Architecture.