Fine Art Entrance Door - 3" - 4" thick - Solid Natural Air Dried Hardwood - Designed From The Historical Record - Hand Hewn, Mortise And Tenon Joined - What Is Mortise And Tenon Joinery
- Built The Old Fashioned Way "When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever" And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
- All Species Of Woods Are Available - Structural Jambs 3" Thick With 1" Seal Surface Using Solid Full Length Timber (no fake laminates, scarf joints or glued up parts,no veneers ) - Insures A Perfect Seal - Master Craftsmanship That Insures Your Furnishing Will Stand The Test Of Time - A True Investment Quality Family Heirloom And Valuable Appreciable Asset - All Carving Is Hand Carved By Our Master Carvers (no cnc or faux casted resin carving) - Fine Art 10 Process Hand Rubbed Finished To World Class Antique Collectors Standards - ( no spray on faux fast paint jobs ) Engineered To Twice Hurricane Code World Wide - Virtually Maintenance Free.
Our Master Craftsman Build All Antique Door Designs Using The Identical Methods And Materials Of The Historical Period Of Each Antique Door Design Conception.
All 21st Century Door Designs Are Also Built By Our Master Craftsman Using These Classic Traditional Methods.
All Decorative Hardware - Master Blacksmiths Solid Hand Forged Wrought Iron - (no castings or hollow faux metals) - All Heat Applied Iron Oxide Hand Patina Finished - (no powder coating or faux paint on iron finishes) - All Working Hardware Is American Made And Guaranteed Forever - Hinges Are Matched To PSI Of Door - Under Door Seals Are Mechanical Insuring A Perfect Seal - Exceeds All Requirements For Energy Tax Credits Rebates - Order Any Size Or Style - Backed By Our Over Nine Decades Of Fine Craftsmanship Since 1913
We Custom Build Fine Art Doors And Gates Residential And Commercial
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
The Castillo de San Pedro de la Roca (also known by the less formal title of Castillo del Morro or as San Pedro de la Roca Castle) is a fortress on the coast of the Cuban city of Santiago de Cuba. It was designed in 1637 by Giovan Battista Antonelli (also known as Juan Battista Antonelli), a member of a Milanese family of military engineers, on behalf of the governor of the city, Pedro de la Roca y Borja, as a defense against raiding pirates, although an earlier, smaller, fortification had been built between 1590 and 1610. Antonelli design was adapted to the situation of the fortress on the steep sides of the promontory (the morro from which the fortress gets its name) reaching into the bay.
It was constructed on a series of terraces; there were four main levels and three large bulwarks to house the artillery. Supplies would be delivered by sea and then stored in the large warehouse, which was cut directly into the rock, or transported up to the top level which housed the citadel. Construction of the citadel took 42 years, starting in 1638 and finally being completed in 1700, though work on the fortification was spasmodic. Antonelli was recalled to Cuba in 1645, shortly after the massive project was started, and other examples of his work can be seen there in the twin forts of Fuerte del Cojimar and Fuerte de Santa Doratea de Luna de Chorrera. Some of the structures from the earlier fortification were later incorporated into the main structure.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Custom Built Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Custom Entry Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your custom entry doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Built Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.