Castle Door Designs Make Great Cabin Doors - 3" thick Solid Natural Air Dried Timber (not kiln force dried) - Hand Hewn, Tenon Joined Solid Full Length Timber (no fake laminates, scarf joints or glued up parts) - All Finishes Are Internal Hand Rubbed (not sprayed on) - All Carvings Are Hand Carved (not CNC carved) - All Glass Designs Are Hand Etched Glass - Full Structural Jamb Weather Pkg.- Solid Hand Forged Wrought Iron - (No castings or hollow metals) - Hand Patina Finished - (No powder coating or faux paint finishes) - Tempered Thermal Glass - Virtually Maintenance Free - Guaranteed Forever - Backed By Our Over Nine Decades Of Fine Craftsmanship Since 1913
We Build Doors In All Species Of Timber - Any Size - Exterior or Interior
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
Castello della Manta is a castle near Saluzzo, in Piedmont (northern Italy).
The originary building, dating from the 12th century, was later enlarged and transformed into a noble residence by the family of Saluzzo della Manta, margraves of Saluzzo. Among the numerous halls, the Baronal Hall (Salone Baronale) has a notable relevance for the frescoes decorating its walls, a rare masterwork of Late Gothic painting in northern Italy. The work is attributed to an anonymous Master of Castello della Manta. The cycle, completed soon after 1420, portrays a series of famous heroical figures (both males and females) probably inspired to members of the House of the Margraves of Saluzzo, and wearing precious dresses of the times; and the so-called Fountain of Youthness, a theme taken from the tradition of French medieval stories. They are inspired to the poem by Marquess Thomas III of Saluzzo, Le Chevalier Errant).
From the Mannerist Art of the late 16th century is instead the Sala delle Grottesche, commissioned by Marquess Michele Antonio around 1560. It has a finely painted ceiling, decorated with stuccoes, grotesques, ancient ruins and architectures, in the typical style of that age.
Annexed to the castle is the church, whose apse has a series of frescoes about the life of Christ dating from the same time of the Baronal Hall decorations.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Handcrafted Custom Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Exterior and Interior Hand Carved Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your exterior and interior hand carved doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Handcrafted Custom Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.