THIS ITEM IS SOLD!
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible restored to this level, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required). Call 1-800-292-0008
Antique Gas Station Signs
An original Dixie gas station sign from the 1940s for Dixie Gas and Oil. This old gas pump sign is a single sided porcelain sign in the shape of a circle. This sign features an off white/beige background and thick red outline with the word "DIXIE" in blue arched along the bottom outlined in red. The Dixie logo of Confederate crossed flags are located along the top center of this antique sign.
Condition - as is, see photos - original not restored, and not a reproduction
Dimensions - 11 3/4" Diameter
Vintage 1940s sign for Dixie Gas manufactured by Dixie Gas and Oil company founded in 1907 by group of planters from Belcher, Lousianna. In 1919 they were purchased by Amoco and consolidated in 1931 by Stanolind Oil and Gas.
All antique signs and collectables offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us to order vintage Americana, antique signs, antique gas pumps, and classic collectables at 1-800-292-0008.
Antique Gas Sign Specifications:
- Type - Single sided sign
- Company - Dixie Gas & Oil
- Product - Dixie Gasoline
- Era - 1947-1955
- Color - Red, blue, off and white/beige
- Dimensions - 11.75" Diameter
- Condition - Original, as-is, see photos for details
American Restorations, Collectables and Antique Memorabilia information:
Old Signs, Gas Pumps, Petroliana, and Collectables
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, please ask to be placed on our first-come, first-served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call us at 1-800-292-0008.
Dixie Gas Company - Historical Gas Station Information
The Dixie Oil, Gas, and Pipeline Company was founded in 1907 by a group of planters from Belcher, LA. The company was purchased by Amoco in 1919, when Amoco began making pushes outside its original Standard Oil marketing area. By the mid to late 1920ís, Dixie owned and operated a gas and oil lease covering approximately 700 acres in the parish of Caddo, LA. The company also expanded into Muskegon, Michigan when oil was discovered in 1925. In 1928, Dixie Oil was the largest gatherer and purchaser of crude oil in the Muskegon field, sending the oil across the state to the company's new refinery at Zilwaukee. The company was finally consolidated into the Stanolind Oil and Gas Company in 1931.