Grand Entrance Door With Greek Mythology Theme A French Palace
Earliest record of a fortified castle at Fontainebleau dates to 1137. This door is found in the Gallery of Francis I in the Palace of Fontainebleau in France. Originally just a passageway from the king’s apartments to the chapel of the convent Trinitaires, Francis I recreated this into a gallery and achieved much more than just having it be a passage. The Gallery of Francis I created the blueprint that other galleries began to model themselves after and introduced the Renaissance style to France. It also created its own artistic style, known as the School of Fontainebleau, a combination of painting, decoration, and architectural design to create a complete environment.
A beautiful and heavily carved work, the door displays symbols and portraits of many gods and stories from Greek mythology. Hercules is shown wearing his lion skin from the first of his 12 Labors. The center of the door holds the quiver of Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Behind the quiver, you can just see the caduceus that is carried by Hermes, the god of commerce, speed, and cunning, and the torch of Olympic fire that the Titan Prometheus gave to mankind. At the top of the door is a portrait of Medusa, one of the Gorgons whose gaze would turn men to stone. In Ancient Greece, Gorgons were often carved on buildings and objects as a form of protection. This Greek Mythology door also uses a style from the Renaissance that was unique to France where a double paneled door is fashioned in such a way that it appears to be a single panel when closed.
Scottsdale Art Factory can create a piece of history for your home if you choose. Select this or any historical door and our master craftsmen will recreate it in the same manner as it was done in the 10th, 12th, or any century you like; we fashion our doors by hand, using skill and mastery in the same hand and materials as it was done for centuries.
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Custom Entry Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Custom Entry Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your custom entry doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Entry Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.