Wood Entrance Doors - Custom Designs
With a beautiful round portal window you can capture an enduring aspect of Medieval times. Featured on churches and castles, a round window provides standout design for your interior or exterior door. Our Arched Wood Door with Iron Grill is accented with our signature studs and includes an iron bottom plate to enhance the aesthetic and protect against scuffs.
Circular Windows During Medieval Times
Circular windows or openings in buildings can be found as far back as the Roman empire when they were used to light interiors while maintaining architectural stability. The best known instance of a round opening in Roman times is at the top dome of the Partheon.
Round windows gained popularity during the Romanesque period, and continued on through the Middle Ages, through their use in churches, cathedrals, and castles. These round windows were often filled with stained glass to create beautiful colored patterns and to fill dim rooms with light during the day. A well-known castle, Richmond, in North Yorkshire, England, has one of the few remaining instances of circular castle windows, making it a testament to old world style. Richmond Castle was built in the late 11th century and has a relatively intact chapel complete with oval windows.
Circular windows near the altar, Richmond Castle
Custom Door with Full Arch Medieval Design & Hand Forged Iron Security Window Grill
Your beautiful arched wood door, with portal window, combines the best of both worlds - style and security. With a large, circular window, light will poor into your entry way and provide a unique frame for the outside world. The wrought iron grill provides security and a strong Medieval aesthetic. Built with 4” thick wood, our master craftsmen handmade this door with old world techniques (never manufactured) to last a lifetime.
We look forward to speaking with you about your custom project: 1-800-292-0008
For a variation of this door, check out our Window Grill Arched Door with Medieval Door Hardware - HRD900
- Rose window. (2016, March 29) Wikipedia. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_window
- Richmond Castle. (2015, January 22) Historical Ragbag. Retrieved from https://historicalragbag.wordpress.com/tag/richmond-castle/
Our exterior wood doors are custom handcrafted in the original craft and are not reproduction fast process doors. Our master-level craftsmen, wood workers, and blacksmiths use their classical training and artistry to hand build our doors using historically correct methods that have been tried and tested throughout history to last for generations. Using the correct building methods and tools as the historic design, we can recreate a design specific for each client's need for maximum security and an investment quality entrance door.
Order your dream door custom designed for your residential or commercial property, and make a proper first impression that reflects your personality and accomplishments in the same way kings, queens and other aristocracy have done for thousands of years.
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest quality, artistic signature doors and entrances, individually created by our expert craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths; with no limitations on size, design, thickness or finish. We hand make interior and exterior doors in any style - limited only by your imagination. Guaranteed "Forever" no questions asked. Virtually maintenance free built to two times the hurricane code. Our doors allow for maximum security that will last forever. Contact us to discuss your designer door ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
Custom Entry Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
Custom Wooden Doors - Scottsdale Art Factory
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your custom wooden doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Entry Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.