American Gas Antique Gas Pumps
This vintage gas pump model features 1940s America Gas globe. The gas pump globe is an original milk glass globe, with two 13 1/2" American Gas milk glass inserts. This highly collectible American Gas vintage pump is completely restored to museum antique quality by our master craftsman at Scottsdale Art Factory. All parts are historically correct and original, and are in full working order. Contact us to request your antique gasoline pump 1-800-292-0008.
All vintage memorabilia offered is a genuine collectable and appreciable assets, not a fake reproduction. All new items are hand crafted in the same hand and materials as it was done in its era "When Things Were Made in America to Last Forever". If we say "Restored" we mean complete restoration to its original production offering in its era. If we say "Restormod" we mean exact copy with some improved modifications or customizations. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level.
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE NOW!
Gas Pump - Specifications:
- Gas Company: American Gas (globe c.1940s)
- Make/Model: Gilbert & Barker T-176 Visible Pump
- Era: 1925-1927
- Color: Red
- Height: 101 3/4" (without globe)
- Base Diameter: 20"
- Condition: Antique/Restored museum quality and historical correct
- Notable Features:
American Gas original milk glass globe light. G&B double action piston hand pump model with original blue tinted glass 10 gallon tank.
Gilbert & Barker T-176 Visible Gas Pump
This is an original Gilbert & Barker T-176 Visible Gas Pump, circa 1925-1927. This vintage gas pump is the improved sight measure nozzle control visible pump T-176 model features the progressive method of delivery, semaphore signal ("To Car" or "To Storage"), G&B double action piston pumping unit with padlock, accurate measure with two sets of quality markers inside the 10 gallon genuine NULTRA Solex (sun filtering) glass cylinder, and price placard.
Museum Quality Vintage Restoration from Scottsdale Art Factory
- All brass parts are solid polished original brass
- Rare collectors preferred original "Milk Glass" globe
- All sign-age is correct porcelain original era material (no fake foreign made parts or signs used)
- All internals have been polished and rebuilt
- Pump is in working order
- Backed by a century of fine craftsmanship since 1913
Fine Art Restoration of Vintage Americana and Automobilia
We are the oldest and largest restorer of fine art to museum historically correct antiques and genuine investment quality un-restored classic Americana (namely signs). Museum Quality Historically Correct means a world class restoration preserving all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patina, ect. with non structural damage. All age wear and tear is proudly displayed when possible. Contact us for information on restoring your vintage memorabilia at 1-800-292-0008.
Due to our earned reputation we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most antique and vintage items. We suggest if you're looking for a specific collectable restored to this level, that you please ask to be put on our first come first serve list (a refundable deposit is required).
Classic Restorations and Vintage Collectables information:
Gas Pumps Historical Record Specifications*
G&B T-176 Visible Gas Pump - Original Specifications from back in 1925-1927:
Pumping Unit - G&B double-acting, piston type single cylinder pumping unit pumps gasoline on both forward and back stroke of handle. Delivers ten gallons to bowl with only twelve and one-half strokes. Pump is strongly built, with hardened steel driving links and pins, reducing wear to a minimum. Self-adjusting spring tension stuffing box lessens need for frequent attention. Pump handle is of pressed steel; will not break. Shell door and pump handle equipped with padlocks.
- T-176 Sight Measure Nozzle Control Visible Pump 10-Gallon Capacity
- Genuine NULTRA glass bowl made of special sun-filtering Solex glass that prevents gasoline turning yellow
- Baffled type filling pipe
- Quantity indicator markers for each gallon (two sets inside bowl)
- Flexible metallic hose (fabric covered)
- Double-acting piston type pumping unit
- Pump handle and door equipped with padlocks
- Semaphone signal indicating direction of flow of gasoline - "To Car" or "To Storage"
- Drain valve for bowl interlocked with semaphone signal
- Electric wiring in conduit - one socket provided for light, which illuminated bowl and globe
- Suction line valve
- Finished in weather-resisting red enamel unless otherwise specified
- Approximate weight 380 lbs.
- G&B T-176 pumps can be supplied in hand, air, and combination hand and air operated models.
- Optional accessories: Metal Screen Guard for bowl, or Emergency discharge valve at base of cylinder
- Dimensions: 101.75" without globe, 120.5" with globe
* From original Gilbert & Barker Gilbarco T-176 literature.